16 February 2016

If only we could see the blessings and miracles awaiting us in the midst of our trials

I'm going to miss Sister Fenu
Well, now for the news you've all been waiting for.... I am losing my best friend to Letchworth.......Sister Fenu is leaving me and oh my I want to cry I will miss her SOOOOO much! There is something about serving as a missionary together that creates such a special bond between you and boy do I absolutely ADORE this girl! She has helped me to become the disciple of Christ I desire to become. She has not only changed my mission but has changed my life! I will forever be grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve with her. <3

But looks like I get a second chance to learn Italian because my new companion is Sister Epicoco and she is from Italy as well!!!! I actually went on an exchange with her when I was in Gillingham. She is a great sister and I am excited to learn from her:)  We will both be serving as sister trainer leaders.

This week I realised how much I really do love this ward! We had a lot of cultural experiences this week... It was ward conference on Sunday and afterwards, there was a huge munch and mingle with so much African food everywhere it was crazy! And then yesterday a member invited us for lunch and made us fufu.... That was an interesting experience....! It was good but not something I would eat every day. Ha and get this..... One of the members in the ward from India just got back from being in India for a month and he brought Sister Fenu and I some Indian clothes. No joke!!!!!!! The only problem is..... They are too small for us. Ha... It's the thought that counts right???! :) If it weren't for the gospel, I would have never experienced these wonderful cultures and people! I am one blessed missionary!!!!
African food for lunch.

OH! Guess what.... Toba spoke in church on Sunday!!!! I am so proud <3

As far as the work this week it started a little slow..... We were trying to figure out what the heck has been going on because not much has been happening and it was getting quite frustrating to be
honest...... but we kept pushing forward with faith striving to improve every day. And boy if only we could see the miracles that are waiting for us right around the corner!!!!

It sure was one miraculous weekend. On Saturday we had an appointment with a Portuguese lady called Rufina who doesn't speak any English at all...... She just walked into church last week so that is how we met her! There is a Portuguese family in the ward so we got one of them to come with us and also Sister Fenu speaks a little Portuguese so that was a blessing. I just sat there having no idea what the heck was going on....... But even though I couldn't understand a word it was a very powerful lesson! Rufina told us she doesn't like her church because they always ask for money for everything, and she has been attending our church in a different ward for 4 months but just moved to Ilford! We didn't even bring up baptism, she did and said she wanted to be baptised!!!! Ummm miracle. She is sooo good!!! I don't know how in the heck I will teach her without Sister Fenu but thank goodness God is on my side:) I am so excited for this!!!!!! We are being blessed.


If only we could see the blessings and miracles awaiting us in the midst of our trials I think the way we would respond would be much different. Trials are opportunities for learning and growth that leads to greater joy and happiness..... If everything was given to us right away we wouldn't appreciate it nearly as much.

I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows exactly what we need to be happy!!

Now some wise words from my Portuguese friend..... "The forces that are for you are greater than the forces that are against you." Just remember that God is on your side....... You can trust Him:)

Mouse update:  that stupid mouse is still running around in our kitchen. It doesn't like our traps!!!

Love you all!!


Sister Sara Ranck













No comments :

Post a Comment