15 June 2015

I was thinking about the importance of gaining a personal testimony of Jesus Christ

WELL. I DEFINITELY GOT TO SHAKE ELDER HOLLAND'S HAND THIS WEEK. Very amazing experience. And he told us that when he shook our hands, during those few moments when we told him our name and where we are from, he interviewed each of us. That is kind of a scary thought... I wonder how my interview went? He then told President Jordan and the London South mission president that there are 2 or 3 missionaries that they should be worried about and they know who they are, but for the most part, we are pretty good missionaries. Crazy. 

I loved hearing from him though! It was probably the most intense hour and a half of my life... No joke. We got rebuked. It was awesome. It was funny cause I would be writing something down and then he would slam the pulpit with his hand and we wouldn't be expecting it so we would all jump and it was just crazy! I loved how into it he gets. After he spoke, we all just kind of sat there and didn't know what to do or how to feel. haha. It was truly an experience I could never forget...


The Spirit was super powerful. The overall message I left with was that we are fighting a war. We are in the fullness of times. We are preparing for the 2nd coming of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. This is a war we are fighting. It was crazy to think about how all 500 of us missionaries... (my
mission and London South) were sitting in the Hyde Park chapel listening to an apostle of Jesus
Christ while the rest of London was just going about their own business right outside on Exhibition Road not having a clue about what was going on in there and what life is all about and that we have a living prophet. We are so blessed to have the gospel. I cannot get over that thought. 

Posterity picture! My grandma (Sister Phillips) on the far left
my mom, me, and my beautiful daughter.
To be honest there is not much more to tell you from the week as pretty much every single one of our appointments fell through except for 2... You can always count on Sabrina to be there:) We don't have many people we are teaching at the moment... But we sure are working hard and talking to everyone we can, and I am confident that the Lord is preparing the hearts of many here! You can just never give up because you can never see what/who is waiting ahead of you! But God can. So your job is to follow the Spirit and trust that He knows best:)

I LOVE Sister Mussman so much!
We did a youth fireside with the Elders at Bishops house last night! It was really good! We did a role play where they each had to go and sit next to Bishop on the bus and Bishop would ask him a question about the church and they would have to answer it! It was really good and I think the youth enjoyed it! 

The whole time during that fireside I was thinking about the importance of gaining a personal testimony of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. 

If you haven't read the Book of Mormon will you just read it already? Actually take the challenge and pray about it? 

We are fighting a war. It is not enough anymore to just go through the motions!

Wearing Sunflowers on a Rainy Day.  HA
Although this week wasn't the greatest (apart from Elder Holland of course!) this is still the Lord's work. He is in charge. He is God! He knows everything. Onward and upward right?

I love you all!

ONWARD AND UPWARD


Sister Ranck









No comments :

Post a Comment