09 June 2015

She once was lost, but now she's found!

This is Camden Town
Well, it's that time again...... TRANSFER WEEK. And now for the news you have all been waiting for... I am............. STAYING!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooo!!!! I am staying with Sister Obley here in the beautiful Aylesbury ward:) I am so excited! I feel like I have unfinished business here. I love this ward so much and I love all of the members! Sister Obley and I set some goals this morning for this transfer and we are really excited about them. This is going to be a great transfer :)

This week has been full of many ups and downs. It started off great though with some sight seeing in LONDON. We went to this place called Camden Town which is this huge market thing! It was really fun :) We also went to the British Museum! Not gonna lie museums aren't my thing but hey.. now I can say that I have been there. AND I rode on the second floor in a double decker bus! That was cool :) I seriously love London.

P-Day in London at the British Museum
On Tuesday we were passing out fliers with the youth for some ward activities that are coming up, and we all got different routes. As we were passing them out I stopped this couple to invite them personally to come to the activities and the man said, "Oh my wife is a part of your church!" We were like... Whaaaa? Yeah they said they moved here two weeks ago! So we went over on Thursday to see her and turns out she was baptized when she was 12 and went to church for 1 year and hasn't been since. haha. She was lovely though! She said she would like to come again though sometime! Hey, we can arrange that:) That was a miracle.

OH. COOLEST MIRACLE EVER. Right after district meeting on Thursday, we had just left the chapel and were walking when one of the elders who serves in Watford stopped this girl that was walking by and we started talking to her... and she was heading in the direction we were so Sister
Gimme Bones
Obley and I walked with her home! She invited us in and she was just completely shocked about the timing because she said that lately she has been praying and thinking about how she wants to build her relationship closer with God........... then we bumped into her. Weird how that always happens.....

We gave her a Book of Mormon and we read 3 Nephi 11 with her and she was like, "That is so cool! I can't wait till Jesus comes again!" Me too sister... me too. She is super excited to learn more and tell her family and friends about it as well! We will hopefully be seeing her this week!!!! I am super stoked.

Ahh another miracle! So you all know Sabrina right? Well she disappeared for like 2 weeks and her phone wasn't working, and we didn't know how to get to her house because it was somewhere weird... and yeah. We thought we lost her. But no fear because SHE IS FOUND!!! WOOO!!! I seriously love her.

Another shot in Camden Town
So how it happened.... long story short we ended up being just at the right place at the right time to see her. We were on this street sitting on a bench making a few phone calls when I got up to go in the shade before I turned into a tomato,  and Sister Obley followed then looked down the street  at just the right time to see Sabrina before she went out of view. Then she screamed, pointed, and said, "SABRINA! RUN!" So we ran to her and it was a moment of rejoicing. hahah. She once was lost, but now she's found! And she came to church on Sunday:)

Man, missionary work is great. I seriously love it. But then sometimes you get a text that just crushes your heart and all you want to do is cry your eyes out. We had an amazing investigator, and she was on date to be baptized on July 4th.... We had arranged a lift for her for church in Watford to see Elder Holland..... yup. He did a huge multi stake conference and it was broadcast to all of the chapels in northern Europe. AMAZING. 

Anywho... We were SO excited for her to come! We even made her the promise that if she came with a prayer in her heart, she would receive her answer to wether or not this is right for her. Also, the last time we saw her she said that the more she learns the more that she feels this is the right path for her. Then on Saturday night we got that text that crushed our hearts. She told us that her husband doesn't want her going to our church so she will no longer be meeting with us. 

HEART=CRUSHED.

Oh my days I hate Satan. There is no doubt in my mind that she would have received her answer. You can always count on an Apostle of the Lord......... I am heart broken.

You want so bad for these people to sincerely pray and read the Book of Mormon and come to church because you KNOW the happiness and blessings that are waiting for them when they do. You fast and pray so hard for them. You are always studying for them and thinking about ways that you can help them. You invest so much time into them! But no matter what you do, how many prayers you say, ultimately it comes down to their agency. 

Heavenly Father loves us so much that he gives us the choice to accept or reject Him and our Savior Jesus Christ. When we accept, He rejoices. When we reject, He weeps. He loves each of us so much. I truly know that with all of my heart. 
Meet the Mormons is playing here.
I love this gospel. It is the truth. It is truly the plan for our happiness. 

Live it more fully <------- That is your challenge for this week. 


I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ONWARD AND UPWARD.

Sister Ranck


PS Birthday Shoutout to my cute gramps:) (Last Saturday) Love you so much! Thank you for being my biggest fan:)




Family Night with the Shepard family is always a fun night
full of laughter




My best friend Malcolm. I sure love this man!



No comments :

Post a Comment