14 September 2015

Don't Question, Just Do!

It has been a good week:) A crazy week! The sun was shining and that just makes everything so much better!

You know it has been a good day when you come home laughing about just how crazy your day was.... Well Thursday was one of those days. It started great at district meeting... We started by making pancakes for breakfast!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

This one is by my friend Elder Ramsay..... He had just gotten has pancakes and sat down on the stage at the chapel, looked down at his pancakes for a minute, then said, "You know it's times like these that I wonder..... How do people not believe in a God?"

....... I legit died. 

So after a great district meeting we went to lunch at a less actives house and no joke she talked to us for 2 hours straight. It was hilarious because when we got there and knocked on the door, she started hitting the door with something from the inside, and we had no idea what was going on, finally she opened the door a little crack and said, "hurry and get in here!" We did as we were told, and she shut the door behind us and said, "okay now where is that fly." And went on a search for 5 minutes. Well, long story short, she didn't find the fly and then during dinner every time she heard or saw the fly, she paused her story, went to grab some fly killer spray, and went searching. Well she finally got the fly and as she was spraying it she said, "YOU HAVE TO DIE NOW MY SON!" Oh my I was dying. Oh and she also got mad at us for not getting seconds right away and accused us of not liking her food. haha legit the funniest appointment I have ever been in.

Before we went there, I warned Sister Mathews about her, then afterwords she was like, "Wow I was not prepared for that."

We were dying.
My District

I have a new favourite type of food.... FILIPINO FOOD. Oh my it is the greatest ever. There is a Filipino less active family in the  ward that we see every week and that is always the highlight. I just LOVE them! They have a girl named Mara and she is 16 and oh my she is one of my best friends here! We are really helping her to gain a testimony because she was baptised a few years ago, but has never really been super active, and she is doing so well now that I have been working with her! She has been reading the Book of Mormon and LOVES it. Ahh I just love her to death! She is amazing:) 

On Saturday I was very thankful for the sunshine and for a great companion and for laughter. Because that made what could have been such a long day a great one. On Friday night we went to look at our plans for Saturday and what do we see? Primary activity in the morning (note to self: never let a group of 12 primary aged children loose in Tesco..... ) and then........... Nothing............... Yup. You know what that means...... FINDING!!!! My favourite:) ha.... So we had a list of like 15 potential investigators (people who have been in contact with missionaries in the past) that we were going to stop by as well as some less actives....... Yup for 5 hours as we stopped by these people and

talked to people along the way and knocked some doors as well, literally one person listened. No joke, and of course this one person was the very last place we tried.... God sure is a funny guy and LOVES to test our faith! I have never appreciated kind people in my life more than I did this day and there weren't even very many. Seriously you wouldn't believe the amount of just unbelief here in England. It makes me so sad:(   

The gospel is true even if no one listens or believes.

I have faith that God CAN do anything, but my faith is not dependant on if he does. I have faith IN God. It is like the story in Daniel 3... Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego....... They were about to get thrown into the fiery furnace by the king because they would not worship the golden image that he has set up. 

The king asks them.... "who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?" (Daniel 3:15)

Their answer is this.... 

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

18 BUT IF NOT, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

I love this story. They knew that God had the power to save them, but even if He didn't... BUT IF NOT..... They would still serve God. Their faith was not dependent on if God saved them.. Their faith was IN God.

That is the kind of faith I am trying to develop. The faith NOT to be healed and the faith NOT to have
a certain prayer answered the way that I want it to be answered. The faith when everything is going wrong. 

My faith is IN God and nothing can change that. 

This reminds me of a scripture.....

1 Nephi 7:12 Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.

Never forget the Lord is able to do ALL things according to HIS will. So if He doesn't do a certain thing or answer a certain prayer in the way YOU want, there probably is a pretty good reason.

Okay enough of my rant! TRUST GOD. That is all I have to say:)

MIRACLE OF THE WEEK: 

On Tuesday night we had a dinner appointment that got canceled.... boo:( ha (we get fed every single night here... sometimes we have lunch and dinner appointments... good thing Sister Mathews likes to run.) 

Anywho... When looking at our options, we decided to go stop by a less active and then a former investigator. So we did that and that went fine, and then as we were walking back to the bus, we
The Entire Mission in Hyde Park Chapel
passed this one street and as I looked down the street I saw this lady walking up, clearly out of our way. Well after like a 5 second battle in my head debating if we should go talk to her, I thought to myself, "okay if you are having this battle then obviously the Spirit is telling you to go down there and talk to her.... " So I obeyed.

AND UM MIRACLE! We had a great conversation with her and she is basically GOLDEN. She said right before we left that she was having a really rough past few days and she felt like we were meant to run into each other. Yes mam you are correct:) 

Then yesterday we saw her with a member and oh my it was thee GREATEST lesson everrrrr. She is soo prepared! She said that she hates how kids are brought up these days and are not taught high morals and values. She wants to start a family soon but wants a good environment to raise them in. UMM HELLO WE CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!!! So yes!!! She is amazing and so excited to read the Book of Mormon:) She accepted a baptismal date too so PRAY FOR HER! Her name is Jennifer. Oh goodness I just love her and I love being a missionary! Imagine what would have happened if I never followed that subtle prompting.......
The England London Missionaries

DON'T QUESTION JUST DO!  <<<<< One of the things I have especially learned on my mission when it comes to following the Spirit.

Love you all!!!

Click here to see Fairytale Avenue video.

Click here to see a Walk Through London to the LDS Visitor's Center Video.

ONWARD AND UPWARD

GOD BLESS.


Sister Sara Ranck

No comments :

Post a Comment