01 September 2015

Life is Good and I am Happy

Welp it is transfer week and the last thing we thought would happen happened. We both thought for sure we were staying, but NOPE. I am staying in Gillingham and Sister Haynie is going to Enfield! And get this..... Sister Haynie is just swapping places with Sister Mathews who also just came out on her mission so I will be follow up training Sister Matthews this transfer (so will be doing the second half of her training....)! Ha I will just be forever training and doing the 12 week program my whole mission I guess:) Sister Matthews is from Nevada! I am super sad to be leaving Sister Haynie. I love this girl! But I am glad I am staying. You get so close to these people!!!

In Gillingham... Well technically Chatham which is the ghetto of Gillingham..... There is this 1 pound bowling place so we went bowling last p day with the whole zone and this p day with my district! Oh man so much fun. I am very blessed to be serving around so many great missionaries!!!

This week was interesting.... Not gonna lie it wasn't the best week. All of our investigators have kind of fallen off the face of the earth.... We kind of struggled with motivation but then on Sunday we
were like.... Okay enough of this and we re-motivated ourselves and had a great day:) We also did a
lot of running in the rain this week and got soaked. Ha I have discovered that my umbrella is terrible and water seeps through it. Super fun I'm tellin yah:)

But the week ended with a bang and we met this super awesome kid on Saturday! His name is Abbas and he is 16 and from Iran! We had a super great lesson on the restoration on Sunday and he is very interested about the Book of Mormon! PRAY FOR HIM. We are so excited for him! He is a Jehovah's Witness... Well kind of. He says there are some things he doesn't agree with about it though...... So we will see! He is so sweet!

So there are two recent converts in the ward.... Scott and Vikki and they are both crazy but so awesome. Scott calls me Pest 1 and Sister Haynie Pest 2. Ha..... And Vikki calls us by our first names. Haha On Thursday when we were with them both they were talking about how much their life has changed since they joined the church and they both became really emotional as they looked back. They said that the person they were before is just so different than now. They are so much happier and just feel so much love for others rather than
being angry all of the time. Gosh I just love this gospel so much! Even if it wasn't true.... (Which it obviously is), it sure is the best way to live and have a happy life that is for sure.

There is the cutest couple in the ward from Jamaica..... The Gilberts.... Holy goodness I just love them. Brother Gilberts health is getting very poor and he has dementia as well but he is the funniest and sweetest man ever. He used to be a Pentecostal pastor and ha he is so funny! He said the prayer in sacrament meeting and that was possibly the best prayer I have ever heard in my entire life. And every time we see him he comes up to us and quotes this scripture to us with the most serious look on his face and he grabs our hand, looks us in the eye, and says.....

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (Galatians 5:1)

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)

Goodness I just love him!

Life is good and I am happy. The church is true and the only way to REAL happiness and REAL peace.



GOD BLESS.

Sister Sara Ranck

PS SHOUTOUT TO MY UVU GIRLS FOR HAVING A KILLER WEEKEND. 2 HUGE WINS!!!! I am one proud mama over here!!!!

UVU Team Says Hello to Sara

PSS If you need a good talk to study this week........ study "The Way" by Lawrence Corbridge.
















No comments :

Post a Comment