19 October 2015

We long for the ultimate blessing of the Atonement--to become one with Him

I think my week can be described with the lack of pictures! haha I don't even know what happened this week, but what I do know is that I am just really happy! I am tired all the time, and the weather decided to take a turn and it was freezing this week, my feet hurt a lot because we walk so much, but I seriously am just so happy. I can't even describe it! I just love the gospel so much and I love being a missionary! Ah I could just cry!!! 

Yeah so the sun doesn't really show much around here anymore.... It doesn't get light till about 830 in the morning and starts getting dark at like 530... and supposedly it will get worse as well. but we are always reminded by my favourite Australian Elder (my good friend Elder Haysman) to enjoy the sunshine as he asks everyone we pass, even on the most miserably cold and wet days, if they are enjoying the sunshine...... Some people laugh and say, "What sunshine?" While others just storm away to sulk in their own misery rather than choosing to be happy despite the circumstances. I
think there is a great life lesson to be learned here! Even when lives darkest clouds consume us, don't forget to enjoy the sunshine. Because even though you may not be able to see Him (Jesus Christ), because of Him you can see everything else!!!........ Woah that was deep. So lets choose to be happy my friends:)

The week was good. It was also long. haha but the weekend was really great! On Saturday we had another lesson with the part member family we are teaching and oh my days I just love them. Those lessons are always super stressful! But the Spirit takes over so much it is incredible. They have been like my "project" ever since I have been in this area, and I am super excited for this amazing family! We will see how things go this transfer:)

We also have been working with a less active family from Nigeria...., and they haven't come to church for over a year, but they came this Sunday and had a really good time! Ahh that was really nice to see them there:) We also had a crazy Sunday because they had a bishop change in the ward.
They decided though to announce it last week to invite all of the members to be there to sustain the new bishop, and there were over 100 people there in the chapel. I have never seen the chapel so full! It was a great Sunday. We had a munch and mingle afterwords which was fun as well! I love this ward so much. The members are absolutely hilarious and we are like their little girls. haha they really take care of us!

My friend Suzanne... the lady with the horrible health, she has been in the hospital and she wanted us to come to visit her. We had to call President Stevens to get permission as it was out of our area. So we called and asked and he of course said yes, and then in the background we heard Sister Stevens say, "You are lights to the world!" Goodness I wish I could just describe her to you, but I honestly have never met anyone more full of love than Sister Stevens. Wow I sure love them! 

So yeah we went to the hospital on Sunday afternoon to visit Suzanne... Wow she is amazing. She got so happy when we got there and we drew her pictures and wrote her letters and she cried. Us an George are literally all she has, and she just kept saying, "I feel so loved! You are right Sister Ranck, Jesus does have a special place in His heart for me!" I think Sisters moved into this area when we did just for Suzanne.

The Stake President spoke on Sunday and he had some really good one liners that I am going to share with you all...... Some food for thought you could say.

"The Gospel is true brothers and sisters, are we true to the gospel?" 

"God loves you just the way you are.... But he wants you to change!"

The way we change is through constant application of the gospel, constantly trying. As we do this,
we will end up becoming like Him, so we can one day feel comfortable in His presence.

And to end with a quote I love by James E. Faust...

"We long for the ultimate blessing of the Atonement--to become one with Him, to be in His diving presence, to be called individually by name as He warmly welcomes us home with a radiant smile, beckoning us with open arms to be enfolded in His boundless love. How gloriously sublime this experience will be if we can feel worthy enough to be in His presence!"

Isn't that the most beautiful thing you have ever heard? I love this gospel so much and I love my Saviour more than words. His arms are open, embrace them!

ONWARD AND UPWARD!

GOD BLESS.


Sister Sara Ranck
















No comments :

Post a Comment