02 November 2015

"Those who reach out to lift and serve others will come to know a happiness" - President Gordon B. Hinckley

This photo describes our relationship.
Well today was an interesting week!! We went to Rochester today and toured the cathedral and also
the castle which was so cool! Wow you would never see anything like that in America it was so sweet!!!! It was super foggy too so it looked really cool:) Then we went to a Pancake Parlour and got some crepes and it was sooooooo delicious:) yes so that was a fun!!!!

Not gonna lie this week was not the greatest week of my life and at the end of this week we found ourselves having 1 investigator and he doesn't even live in our area. Lisa dropped us this morning and it shattered my heart. The time just isn't now for her, I am just praying she finds the gospel again soon..... She will. I know that!

We had a great lesson with Clayton this week though! (Our investigator who doesn't live in our area.) we taught the restoration and man the Spirit was SOOO powerful! WOW IT IS JUST TRUE I KNOW IT. That was a really cool moment being in that lesson. It was kind of a breakthrough for him.

At the end of the second day of straight cancelations, we called Elder Packer and Elder Haysman for some motivation (they were on exchange) and no joke Elder Haysman gives us tips on how to catch a crocodile for motivation.... Ha I would expect nothing less than that from that Australian elder:) haha bless his heart. Well it worked! And we were able to finish out the day! He said, in the most Australian accent you have ever heard.... "Don't go from the side, you have to go straight on and stare them in the eye." So if you ever want to catch a crocodile..., there you have it!:)
This is the cutest little family!

I really love the ward here!!!!  I have had two people try to set me up with someone in the ward this week.... Mary the other week... Bless her heart. She was like, "you two just need to stay here forever!
Let's marry you off to someone in the ward....." Then as she looks around she says, "dang it there is nobody." Haha and then another lady wants me to marry her son. Goodness me what is going on here! Ummmmmm sorry but this girl is taken... Okay yeah that is lie. But nope I love England but I don't think I could ever live her personally! Ha.......

We worked SOO hard this week but didn't see really much fruit. Not gonna lie it is frustrating and I find myself constantly analyzing trying to figure out what we can do differently and better. We did a
whole lot of walking this week and my feet are just tired. But somehow every day we are able to get
through it just fine. I think that all comes down to God. Sometimes I wonder about how often he helps us and guides us throughout our daily lives and we don't even see it. If only we could I think we would be amazed. He sure does love us a whole lot!

Oh since you are all probably wondering about Halloween..... It is starting to be a big thing for the kids here! But there were also a lot of signs on the door that said, "NO TRICK OR TREATERS!" How sad huh. The most Halloween thing Sister Mathews and I did was make THEE BEST pumpkins chocolate chip cookies and we gave them to Lisa and her family! There were a few houses here and there that were decorated and had pumpkins and stuff... But not too many!

On Halloween night we went to George's house. Suzanne has been in the hospital for the past few
weeks and everything about their situation just hurts my heart. I couldn't help but just think of the love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for every single one of us. I just pray that I can see others the way that they see them..... As sons and daughters of an all loving and merciful Heavenly Father with divine potential. I just wish that there was a lot more love in this world.

Oh Mara and Elizabeth also came to church!!! That is the second time in a row and they stayed for all three hours!!!! AHH I JUST LOVE THEM. Mara is like a little sister! I love that girl so much! And Elizabeth told us the other day that we are like her daughters:) haha she always gets excited when her daughters come for dinner every week.

Sorry this email is super scattered right now! I guess it just reflects my brain at the moment! But life is good and I am happy:) here is a quote that I loved this week!!

"President Gordon B. Hinckley has said that those who reach out to lift and serve others will come to know a happiness … never known before. … Heaven knows there are so very, very, very many people in this world who need help. Oh, so very … many. Let’s get the cankering, selfish attitude out
of our lives, my brothers and sisters, and stand a little taller and reach a little higher in the service of others.'

"We are all busy. It’s easy to find excuses for not reaching out to others, but I imagine they will sound hollow to our Heavenly Father." -Joseph B Wirthlin

The church is true. Embrace it fully. Love you all!

ONWARD AND UPWARD.

KEEP THE FAITH.

Sister Sara Ranck






My best friends....



Rochester Castle


Rochester Cathedral!













"Do not place anything on the alter..."






I love these missionaries so so much.


No comments :

Post a Comment