16 November 2015

What an honor it is to be serving and representing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Best district ever!!!
Wow it is the last week of the transfer... I cannot believe how fast time is flying! I love it here so much! I love the ward and I especially love my companion!! She has become one of my best friends! I have learned so much from her example and love. She is amazing and I really am going to miss serving with her whenever that time comes!!

This week we had a cool experience! Okay rewind, so ever since I have been in this area, there was a less active that we have been trying to contact. I have probably knocked on her door like 15 times, but she was never home. Well this one time a few weeks ago we went to try again and we knocked... and waited..... then knocked... and waited..... and waited.... and for some reason we couldn't get ourselves to leave..... so we decided to try yelling her name.... so we did and guess what.... SHE CAME! WOO! That was great. So yes she FINALLY came to the door and let us in!

We love FHE with the Stocker's!
She is hilarious. And she will just talk your ear off forever! haha. So we have seen her every week for the past few weeks and she came to church on Sunday! WOO! When we saw her last Tuesday she said a beautiful prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for sending the sisters to come and find her so she can start coming back to church. That was a great little miracle:)

We had zone conference this week and man I always LOVE being able to go to London to be taught and instructed by President and Sister Stevens and the spirit! Oh man and can I just say that I serve around the greatest and most hilarious missionaries ever. We sat in our districts and goodness I just love these elders! So sad that it is all going to be split up just next week.

What I got out of zone conference was this.... Missionary work is full of awkward moments. One elder commented and said, "The first time you stop someone, you look like a fool. And every other time you stop someone, you still look like a fool." haha I just thought that was really funny. But it is so true... We are always stopping people on the streets and 90% of the time they don't stop to talk to us so we just look like fools and I just always laugh at these hilarious moments! haha #lifeofamissionary

I left feeling very uplifted by the Spirit with a greater resolve to serve more faithfully and diligently. President Stevens reminded us of our Sacred call and about what an honor it is to be serving and representing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I just pray I can always be a true disciple of our Savior for the rest of my life.

There was a musical number of "Savior Redeemer of My Soul" and wow the Spirit really hit me during this song. I KNOW my Savior lives. At this time in history, as we are preparing ourselves and the world for the second coming, we need to be more strong. We need to be firmer in our testimonies and in our faith. So do what is necessary to get there! And don't wait.

"Once we enter into covenants with God, there is no going back. Giving in, giving up, and giving out are not options. In the kingdom of God, there is a standard of excellence for exaltation. It requires valiant discipleship! There is no room for average or complacent disciples. Average is the enemy of excellence, and average commitment will prevent you from enduring to the end."
-Kevin W. Pearson

Love you all!

ONWARD AND UPWARD.

KEEP THE FAITH.

Sister Sara Ranck



PS Shoutout to my girl Jessica Duffin for getting her call to the SPAIN MADRID MISSION!!

No comments :

Post a Comment