09 November 2015

Yup I'm pretty sure I am not a robot

Way to go WAC Champs! My girls!
AHHHHHHHH MAJOR SHOUTOUT TO MY UVU GIRLS FOR WINNING THE WAC CHAMPIONSHIP THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! OH MY I LITERALLY STARTED CRYING WHEN I FOUND OUT! JUST ASK MY COMPANION. AND I WAS IN THE LIBRARY WHEN I READ THAT AND LEGIT TEARS STARTED STREAMING DOWN MY FACE I AM JUST SO DANG PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!! I WISH SO BAD I COULD KISS THAT DANG TROPHY, LOOKS LIKE WE WILL JUST HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR. AHH I FREAKING LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU AND GOOOOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM CHEERING FROM YOU ALL THE WAY FROM ENGLAND!!!!

Click here for a shout out!

Wow okay, I just don't know what to do with myself right now I am so excited!

Anywho,, this week was great! The sky pretty much exploded this week with fireworks because it was bonfire night on Thursday.... So what that is, no joke, they celebrate when this guy in the early 1600's tried to blow up parliament but failed. I don't really get it but whatever! We had a ward bonfire night on Friday AT THE BEACH so that was fun:) I got to wear JEANS! That was definitely the highlight. Here is the poem they use to commemorate it.

My Zone
"Remember remember the 5th of November
gun powder treason and plot 
for I see no reason 
that gun powder treason 
should ever be forgot."

So we had an interesting experience this week. Apparently Sister Mathews and I are going to hell according to two very not nice ladies that stopped us on the street and tried to convince us that we are robots and do not believe in Jesus Christ....... Yup I'm pretty sure I am not a robot........  and I am pretty sure I believe in Jesus Christ. Yes so that was a very lovely conversation. At first it was great because they were the ones who stopped us and we started with a nice conversation as believers of Christ, but then they started getting all up in our face telling us that we believe in a man made book and that we aren't even Christians. Ah they were just horrible! Well I didn't let that conversation last long because I learned my lesson the first time a few months ago, so we found our way out of that one pretty quickly and as we walked away they kept yelling at us telling us that we are going to hell and that they will pray for our souls.

It always takes a bit to recover from those kind of experiences. But to be honest, it is those moments
We love the rain:)
that really strengthen my testimony the most. I just love this gospel so much! It is a gospel of love and service. I love the quote in the Joseph Smith movie where the lady says something like, "I do not believe in your religion Mr. Smith, but I do appreciate your kindness." Then Joseph Smith responds by saying, "that is our religion!" And it is so true. We aren't trying to belittle anyone or tear down their faith, all we do is serve and invite them to add to the truths that they already treasure! And if they accept it, then they will experience the greatest joys they have ever felt. Goodness I just love the gospel!

At Zone Meeting this week we did a cool object lesson. We had a powerful training about Jesus Christ and our need for a Redeemer. The Spirit was very powerful. Then to illustrate what Christ does for us, we had a plate with some horse radish and then some lamb. What we had to do was put the horse radish on our tongue and hold it there. It was awful oh my goodness! It was bitter and it stung your tongue, nose, and throat and it was awful. So we held that in our mouth for a minute. Poor Sister Mathews literally started crying. After that, we put the lamb in our mouth and all of the bitterness and stinging completely went away it was amazing! 

We had so much fun at the ward bonfire!
Wow I am just so grateful for my Savior. 

Clayton, our investigator that doesn't live here is doing really well. He usually said that when he prayers he feels empty, but this week he said he is beginning to feel something!!! And last week he definitely felt the Spirit when we taught about Joseph Smith! Ahhh I think I just had a smile on my face forever after that lesson. 

I cannot believe there is only two more weeks in this transfer. A few days ago Sister Mathews and I were walking home and it took like an hour, and we were just talking about how much we have done this transfer together and ahh I am going to miss that girl. I LOVE serving with her so much! I love the missionaries I serve with, the ward I serve in, and just everything about my life right now. 

I LOVE serving my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I feel honored and humbled every
day to put on this badge. I just pray I can represent Him well and do all that I came here to do.

This work is amazing! 

Quote of the week:

"When you choose to follow Christ, you choose the Way, the Truth, the Life--the right way, the saving truth, the abundant life."

Two talks to study this week....

-"Born of God" by Ezra Taft Benson
-"The Abundant Life" by Joseph B. Wirthlin

You never know what you will find
cleaning out a missionaries flat...
especially an old Elders flat...
Funny quote of the week: This one comes from Elder Packer. We had a zone conference call on Saturday and all of us were to report a miracle from the day so this was Elder Packers miracle being dead serious.......

"We saved a dog....... *pause* ......... From another dog...."

Okay you probably thought that wasn't funny but Sister Mathews and I were completely dying!! hahahaha

ONWARD AND UPWARD

KEEP THE FAITH

SISTER SARA RANCK


PS google missionaries finding and tell me what you see.........

No comments :

Post a Comment